CI Testing = Continuous Quality Improvement
This is achieved by setting up a CI build server automatically building the system and testing it as soon as the changes are committed in a version control system. Continuous checks and balances are exercised on the code quality without any delay which will help reduce uncertainties on application quality.
- Developers commit code => Version control triggers an event to produce a new application build => If application build is successful then
- In response, CI server checks out the latest automation code
- CI server builds code => CI Server triggers test execution
- Sends out notification once complete by publishing the HTML results and detail log
- If build fails => Developers fix the issue(s) and commit code
- The cycle repeats